I was watching the director's
cut of "Troy" and right afterwards, I finally got around
to see "300" (way after everybody else had already seen
it). I then was in the mood for something Greek, though I didn't want
to fiddle about with the original, Peplos and all that - it's complicated.
I intend to make an accurate one one day, but for now this will do.
There was this lovely net/tulle fabric embroidered in gold that I
had bought at a sale some time back - just for the sake of having
it - and I figured it'd look nice.
I really can't remember
what pattern I used, but I remember fidgeting with the top and finally
making a pattern myself - so it must have been one of the Simplicity/McCall's
pseudo-greek numbers with a little bit of my own stuff thrown in.
Then, I had some lovely
golden toned ornaments that I had found at a market once. I put these
on the dress straps as a finishing touch, which looks quite nice,
I think. Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been nice enough for costume
photos (for nearly 3 years now, can you believe it!!!) and my holiday
in Greece did not happen....
tulle netting with gold embroidery
Amount of fabric used: ~ 3 yards
dress with some white material draped underneath to show